Wednesday, June 4, 2008

This could be amazing...


So Ridley Scott ("Gladiator," "American Gangster"), one of the best directors in the game, just announced today that he is going to return to sci-fi. Here is what he posted:


"I waited for a book for 20 years and I have got the book. I am not going to tell you what the book is but that film is going to probably be written within the next month. That will definitely be what I do next after Nottingham, the Robin Hood film that I am doing now in England."


I really hope that the book he's talking about is "Ender's Game." The time period fits, right? Ender's Game was published in 1985, twenty three years ago. Several movie version of the popular sci-fi novel have been tried and failed, most notably and recently by Wolfgang Peterson ("Troy").


I bet Ridley can get it done.

No comments: