Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hercules


Peter Berg is going to direct a movie called "Hercules: The Thracian Wars," based off of a graphic novel. Something makes me think that they won't be casting Kevin Sorbo or Ryan Gosling, and that there will be some very purposeful glossing over to the story (I'm thinking Hylas).

Anyways, I'm excited about all the projects in the works about Ancient Greece, especially the immense potential for "War of the Gods" now that they have signed on the best visual director in Hollywood, Tarsem Singh.

However, I've been wondering, did Hollywood just discover graphic novels? It's ridiculous, everyday the trades are reporting a new graphic novel has just been optioned by so-and-so. It's good source material and all, but come one people, let's start buying some specs!

Anyways, I like the combination of Peter Berg and antiquity. It will be like Friday Night Lights at the Olympics. It fits perfectly.

No comments: