Monday, July 21, 2008

Twilight: The Movie


The purpose of this post is two-part:

1) I couldn't stand staring at a picture of Tom Cruise at the top of my blog, and

2) The new "Twilight" trailer debuted a few days ago and it looks AWFUL. I don't understand, the concept art that has been released so far looks amazing, and funding certainly isn't a problem because of the massive fan-base the book has.

I'm only slight embarrassed to admit that I have indeed read the book, and while I didn't particularly care for the writing, I was struck by how good the story is and especially how visual and filmic it is. That is, it's that rare case where the book it only mediocre, but it has the potential to make a great film.

However, as the new trailer and the clips released at the MTV Movie Awards show, the action scenes look extremely hokey (like it was done by an amateur film class and a flying machine), and many of the sets look ridiculous (especially the climax).

So far, I am really disappointed in what I thought would be a really good movie. But hey, low expectations are easy to surpass.

No comments: