Friday, August 1, 2008

Picture of Dorian Gray


Colin Firth (my celebrity look-alike) has been cast in the Picture of Dorian Gray opposite Ben Barnes. A really great book (and again, very Greek), as they continue to line up a really great cast. 

Tons of people have tried, but none have been able to pull off a good adaptation. Here's to hoping this is the one.

My favorite quote from the book:

"Harry, every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter. The sitter is  merely the accident, the occasion. It is not he who is revealed by the painter; it is rather the painter who, on the colored canvas, reveals himself. The reason I will not exhibit this picture is that I am afraid that I have shown in it the secret of my own soul."
-Basil Hallward

I love it, and cannot agree more. Mr. Wilde, you are a genius.

(Photo is of Ben Barnes playing Dakin in the History Boys, my favorite play ever. Sorry, Oscar)

1 comment:

Kuu said...

Hi!

I really enojoyed that book!!
I want to see that movie!!

but i cant imagine ben as dorian!

we'll see!


see ya