Friday, November 21, 2008

Another reason to hate Entertainment Weekly


In their newest issue, EW has included a list of their "Sexiest Films."

It doesn't piss me off that the very un-sexy Out of Sight landed at number one. It baffles me, as does the inclusion of 300, which is a lot of things, but sexy is definitely not one of them.

However, what really pisses me off is the exclusion of The Blue Lagoon.

I think the staff of EW is just ignorant.

If they had seen this movie, they would have realized that the concept was to find the two most attractive young people possible and put them on an island, without clothes, and let them walk around naked and have sex.

Pretty cool concept, actually, and shot beautifully by the blind (blind in the same way Tiresias is blind) cinematic God Nestor Almendros.

P.S. In case you were wondering, I did cancel my subscription. I just happened to see this in my boss' copy.

No comments: